Harhay Family Notes

Monday, July 28, 2008

Email Addiction?

It is Monday and I can't access my email. I recently moved all my email accounts to a single GMAIL account so I can get my email from my iPhone or any web browser.

But today Gmail is having a problem with my account and I can't access it. It has been 10 minutes and I feel hopeless. Am I addicted to Email? I'm thinking so. Do I really need to have my email at my fingertips ALL the time?

The world without email. Remember when getting a letter in the mailbox was such a big deal? Then you had to turn around and write the person back. The turnaround time was a few days even if you sat down and wrote back RIGHT THEN!

How did we survive without our cellphones? How did we meet up with people in a crowded area before TXTing "I'm by the waterfountain"? Did we all just roam around until we bumped into the person we were looking for?

I have to admit that I do TXT a lot and I'm beginning to think it is the dumbest thing in the world. It makes sense to TXT when a phone call might interrupt the person in a meeting or if it is late at night and you want to play XBOX but don't want to wake up your friends kids. Or receiving Calendar reminders to your phone. I understand those uses, but texting in the middle of the day on a Saturday is dumb. Just make the phone call. We end up texting a full conversation over the course of 10-20 messages that could have been completed in 2 minutes on the phone.


It might be time to disconnect from the electronic world for awhile. :)

I told Keith today that I was thinking about starting a landscaping company. As long as plants and trees still are growing, I'll always have business. Don't need to check your email when you using the mower AND TXTing and Mowing is dangerous!!

Watch for the K&M Landscaping launch in 2008! :)

BUMMER.

KMlandscaping.com is taken. So is MKlandscaping.com. Anyone want to join our landscaping company so we can get a domain name that isn't taken? No landscaping experience necessary, we don't have any either. Only requirement is you can't bring your cellphone when we hack up people's yards.

-M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home